nonsuch n : model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal [syn: ideal, paragon, nonpareil, saint, apotheosis, nonesuch]
- Alternate spelling for nonesuch.
References"nonsuch." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 14 Nov. 2007. .*Add verifiable references here to show where you found the word in use.
Nonsuch may refer to:
- Nonsuch (album), by XTC
- Nonsuch (sailboat), a cat-rigged sailboat manufactured in Canada.
- Nonsuch (ship), the English ship that sailed into Hudson Bay in 1668–69
- Nonsuch Island, island off Bermuda, being restored to pre-colonial ecology
- Nonsuch Palace, an English royal palace existing during the 16th century
- Nonsuch Park, a public park in the London Borough of Sutton
- Nonsuch Mansion, a mansion in Nonsuch Park
- Treaty of Nonsuch, a treaty between England and the Dutch Republic in 1585.
- HMS Nonsuch, name of several English and British warships
- HMCS Nonsuch, a Canadian Naval Reserve division in Edmonton, Alberta
- USS Nonsuch, a US warship from 1813
- Nonsuch High School, a girls' Grammar school in Cheam, Surrey UK
nonsuch in Slovenian: Nonsuch